Wildwood Family Farms is situated on eight acres of spacious land for your use. Our restored 1890’s barn is a historic building. Our surrounding property includes bathroom facilities and a holding kitchen for catering.
For barn weddings, there are several other ceremony and reception options in addition to the barn. Take your celebration outside and get married by the pond, set up a tent on the lawn, have your ceremony in the woods, or get married under the stars. The sky's the limit when it comes to making your day special. We promise your day will be one to remember. Renting our facility means that you have the flexibility to create your own special day or event with few restrictions. We encourage guests to put their signature touch on their event.Our farm includes a variety of spaces for your West Michigan barn wedding, personal party, or corporate event:
The Upper Barn (1850 square feet. (37x50))
Built in the 1890’s our barn has character and charm with its soaring beams and a finished stained floor. It has been restored to preserve the integrity of the space, including the 19th century post-and-beam construction. The upper barn consists of some of the same materials used in the 1900’s for hay storage and grain separation. Typically, the upper barn is used from April through November as it is not heated or air-conditioned. Large sliding doors open to the rear allowing events to receive a beautiful view of the pastures out back. The front French doors give a breathtaking view of Western sunsets over the farm fields. It is possible to heat the upper barn using patio heaters and a ventilation fan keeps it cools the barn in the warm months.
The Basement Parlor (1850 Square feet. (37x50))
The basement of our barn was remodeled in 2014 to allow for heated, indoor barn wedding ceremonies, and additional event space. We stayed true to the authenticity of our 1890’s barn by refinishing the original block walls and cement floors along with whitewashing the barn beams to enhance the natural light of the space. We also installed french doors that lead directly to the Silo courtyard.
The indoor bar in our basement parlor includes lounge areas and adjacent indoor bathrooms. The bottom of the barn is heated by furnace.
The Silo Courtyard
The courtyard is located outside the lower barn. It features a cement patio and vine covered arbor, which lead to an adjacent grassy lawn. The courtyard is perfect for an intimate wedding ceremony, ideal for hors d'oeuvres and drinks, and just the right size for a tent for either a wedding ceremony, reception, or private dinner.
Outdoor seating is available in several different areas including under a covered pergola.
The built in outdoor bar is draped in live hops plants and is adjacent to the grassy lawn. It is the perfect addition to a cocktail hour or dinner.
The Silo Room
Our silo has been remodeled to be used as an intimate lounge area. An open ceiling with original 40 foot cement walls makes for a very unique place to relax or smoke a cigar.
The pond is a quiet country walk away from the upper barn and is ideal for an outdoor wedding ceremony with plenty of room to hold your wedding tent. The pond is the perfect spot if you are looking for a peaceful outdoor setting for your ceremony and/or reception. An arbor is available for a wedding ceremony.
When renting our farm, the following items are included:
- Plenty of set-up and take down time on the day prior to your event and the morning following. (depending on package chosen)
- Seating using white plastic chairs along with 8’ banquet tables and/or 5’ round tables. Other seating options are available for an up charge.
- White, to the floor, table linens.
- Parking attendants
- Head tables and seating. Linens included.
- Table set-up and clean-up including garbage facilities
- Use of the barn and surrounding grounds until midnight on the day of your event.
- Vintage tables for displays, gifts, guest book, etc.
- Amplifier and microphone.
- Deck and patio seating outside
- Bar on patio (weather permitting) or in lower barn if rain/cool temps.
- The barn is heated on both floors, which stretches our event season out much longer than other MI barns! We are open mid-March – December.
- Indoor bathroom facilities and a holding kitchen for licensed caterers.
- Permanent string lighting throughout the barn.
- Private bridal party space